Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Sunday, July 22, 2012

FIRST MEN IN THE MOON-23 years ago!!!

I did this painting about 23 years ago this summer. I remember working on it during the 20th Annv of the first moon landing. It's part of my illustrated book THE FIRST MEN IN THE MOON by HG Wells. It has dozens of b/w and color illustrations and many like this one, still hold up after these 20 odd years. I did it for The Donning Company in 1989/90...the book came out and like many books of that line from that company...did only so-so. So...I bought many boxes of the actual books in 1992 and managed to sell alot of them and get them out there! I still have some in the warehouse, and, I sell them as I can. SO, here for $12(INCLUDING POSTAGE book rate) each and SIGNED, you can own one!!! Contact me at my above email, and we can make arrangements!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I bought one of these awhile back, and I can tell you for twelve bucks it's a steal! I grew up reading H.G Wells, and Bob's illustrations capture this story beautifully! And signed by the artist no less! Can't beat it!

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home