Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

And...MORE paintings...

"The Dream of Flightless Birds"(oils, 9x12 inches, SOLD)'

"Where The Wind Comes Whippin' "(8x10, oils, SOLD!)

I was a guest of honor at a fun little SF con in Tulsa Oklahoma called Conestoga. So, I did up two paintings relative to the con and it's locale. The top is based on the convention's "mascot", a Penguin, which seems to be the mascot for the entire city!!! I saw them everywhere. Not real ones but, like this, a representation. So, here we have this little guy, wistfully watching a rocket take off. The bottom piece is a somewhat large tornado. I love painting tornadoes and nature in fury in general so this was a joy to paint. I have to get back to smaller, more spontaneous work of this sort.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ralph Voltz said...

Great stuff, as always. Your tornado reminds me of John Brosio's work. Do you know his paintings?
http://www.johnbrosio.com/
Definitely an interesting subject matter.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Hi Ralph- you know it's so funny, I painted a tornado before, and then, I had a dream about them and awoke to find a LETTER from John Brosio about how much he liked what I did and we've been friends ever since!!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Annalisa said...

I really love these, especially the first one--the title and concept are really nice touches, along with the gorgeous rendering. I love the different shades and variations of blue, how there's green and gold and orange mixed in. Same with the smoky "gray" (but not really) scene below. Your color work inspires me to be more inventive with my own. :-)

12:25 PM  
Blogger Ralph Voltz said...

That's a great story. You both capture tornados very well which are certainly a tough subject matter.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home