Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Friday, May 29, 2009

Stephen King and Rick Baker....



Been busy and travelling to the UK to scatter my mother's ashes these days not to mention kind of busy. So it's back to blogging after a break. Here's a new image(top) I did for THE ART OF STEPHEN KING due out from Centipede Press next year. It's IT himself, Pennywise the Clown which I'd always wanted to do and got the chance to be paid to do. Below is a complete happenstance meeting in London at Forbidden Planet with Oscar winning monster maker guy Rick Baker and Dave Elsey of Jim Henson's Creature Shop. He and I literally entered the store at the same exact time! So I introduced myself and we had a nice chat, he knew who I was which was nice too, he said "Oh HI! What are you doing here?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home