Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Lumley Book!

Here's Desert Isle Design's stunning work on a new Brian Lumley cover of mine coming this Spring from Subterreanean Press. Judging on the fact most of the titles of Lumley's he's done have sold out, better grab this one now: http://www.subterraneanpress.com/

7 Comments:

Blogger thebonebreaker said...

Done deal!

and a sweet looking cover by the way! :-)
Your art compliments Lumley's writing style perfectly!

1:24 PM  
Blogger David B. Ellis said...

What's your feeling on wraparound covers? I think this painting looks much better when you can see the whole composition. Even though we'd see less detail I'd have preferred to see the whole painting on the cover in a smaller box.

I wonder if publishers have done any polling (formal or informal) on that. Am I in the minority on the issue?

4:45 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

I love wraparounds. Because, in reality I designed it this way. The back has a little less work put into it, as it's just for the back. Back back of a wraparound is something I don't put as much work into simply because the front is what people see. It's a highly commercial way to work but, then, that's what I make is commercial art, not, in this case "fine" art. I think it would have looked wonky and unbalanced had the whole thing been on the front, and lacking impact. I'm not sacred about anything, so long as it looks meant for what it was designed for which is cover art packaging. I think Gail did a great job, I couldn't have asked for better with her.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Patrick j Jones said...

Great stuff, Bob!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Patrick! Thanks!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Annalisa said...

I know I'm a little late in commenting, but I just love the colors in this one. So many neutral-ish colors and then these lovely subtle punches of orange. How can a punch be subtle? Uh, still working on that one. ;-) I also love the bright colors of "Dreambeasts"!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Annalisa! It became one of MY faves too, as I actually took the pix for reference on this one having been to Torquay.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home