Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Thursday, January 08, 2009

The Dreambeast....

A painting in oils, for a Mike Resnick collection. In this, the crew of a spaceship is hunting the mythical "Dreambeast", a monster that lives near a black hole in space. Mike was fairly vague on his description. He said it was "roughly round with a reddish tint". Okay so I ran with this and wanted to imply a cross between a tadpole and a dragon. Lots of fun to paint and it came together in short order, which made the publisher happy!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger thebonebreaker said...

Brilliant!

Awesome concept on such a vague description! :-)

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly Freas would be proud!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks guys!!! Yeah, Kelly I find myself channelling...

5:43 PM  
Blogger 紅燒魚takesi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home