Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Monday, January 19, 2009

A Dragon Drawing...

Here's a cool pencil sketch I did of a dragon, in preparation for a demo section on my DRAGON'S DOMAIN book that will take people step by step into the process. I liked the idea of a portrait of a dragon, that will be done, eventually on a 15x30 canvas with background elements. Click on it if you want to see some CLOSE UP pencil work!
CHANGE is in the air...I can feel it....it's coming...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bob,

Fantastic sketch. Looking forward to seeing the colour work when it's done. What's this? A new Bob Eggleton book on the horizon? Excellent! Can you tell us more? I like the sound of a demo section. Will you be painting the dragon in oils? (hope so!).
Cheers and all the best.

Kevin
(Scotland)

3:37 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Hi Kevin-yes, a dragon in OILS! Should be out in 2010.

6:48 PM  
Blogger thebonebreaker said...

Very Cool!

The thing that I love about your dragons is that they are instantly recognizable as your work!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks!! People tell me that!

5:39 PM  
Blogger ada said...

hi, I was browsing trough deviant and found your work here http://tenman1234.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps#/d4hg1ql, it's clearly stolen. also I found the same pic all over the internet using google image search. just taught you should know.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home