Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Last Science Fiction Writer....

Just to pop this in here. Subterranean Press has for pre-order a new book of short stories by Allen Steele-a good friend and collaborator of many years-and it's called THE LAST SCIENCE FICTION WRITER. This is a case where I did the art for this two years ago for Subterranean Magazine for the same story, and it was then decided it also worked great for the cover to the hardback of Allen's stories. Again, I love Gail Cross' design work for this. I did the art tongue in cheek and, it was a lucky piece because not only was I paid to created it, but someone bought the painting and now, I get paid again to have it on the cover of the hardback.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home