Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

After The Storm....


So we had a storm of Biblical proportions. Wind, rain,hail(the size of marbles) and finally...a magnificent rainbow. I'm always fascinated by rainbows because they're what we see all the time-sunlight! But because of refractions of the rain in the air, they are broken down like a spectrum. This one was a double rainbow-you can see the vestiges in the upper picture off to the left. This one fully arced over the sky in such a way it was hopefully a portent of better things to come, at a time when things are pretty bad for alot of people. At June, it's a year you can't wait to be over.

2 Comments:

Blogger leslee said...

I came home to a tree limb across the road in front of our house. Plus soaking wet rugs, a wet futon (under an open skylight) and a decorative bowl full of rainwater on a window sill. My housemate was home early, but apparently had felt no need to shut any windows. Sigh. Said she, "Well, if I hadn't been here the windows would still have been open." Yah, that is true...

Great rainbow! Didn't see one here.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

This was ME catching it from YOU..being in the right place at the right time with a camera. It only appeared, as rainbows do, for a short time. I saw one in London once and it was perfectly framed around some buildings. But I didn't have a camera on me!

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home