Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Monday, May 19, 2008

Natural Disasters...

Explosion! (8x10, oils, SOLD!)Magma(8x10, oils, SOLD!)

Natural disasters-tornadoes, volcanoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, etc all remind us of our frailty on this planet. It reminds us of the constant forces that really run the planet, as opposed to our own..."attempts" at the mastery of things. I stare at their aftermath with a dispassionate fascination. I had an amazing dream of watching several large tornadoes approaching where I lived. It was cool and tramatic enough, in the same thought. Then, out of the blue I recieved an email from my new found pal John Brosio. John paints tornadoes like no one I have ever seen. Huge, gallery-styled works that are awe inspiring in ways that art should be, that, I long to be myself. I found it amazing I would have a dream of these tornadoes, and then, the same morning get an email from a guy who I never knew and yet admired his work for years and years-claiming he was a fan of mine!

In the meantime I did two new paintings on my theme of volcanoes. What am I up to? Is a BIG painting with volcanoes...in the works? Could be...could very well be.. in the meantime, enjoy.
NOTE: I have been busy and am limiting my small works for this blog to about two a week now. That may change as we get into summer.

3 Comments:

Blogger leslee said...

Very nice. And so weird when that happens with dreams. Last Monday I dreamed about a work colleague who's been out on maternity leave. I forgot about it until she showed up at work that day, her first day back. We weren't in touch and I had no idea she was coming back. (Okay, your dream is a bit more exciting!)

6:35 AM  
Blogger leslee said...

Okay, now I dreamed of tornados. Water spouts, actually, since it was over water.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Yep. This was a bizarre dream Leslee, it was fascinating but somehow not frightening. There is something about a twister that's totally mesmerizing despite it could be coming right at you.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home