Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Not too much to report...

Been hip deep in finishing some work. I did something like 3 covers in about 3 weeks and, this includes some small paintings, and writing an article for IMAGINE FX magazine in the UK, and doing some internet biz. This weekend is becoming a warranted bit of time off to see some movies and so on. In the meantime, I have a drawing in the new issue of IMAGINE FX which is the Frazetta Birthday issue which they asked 80 artists to contribute a homage, or something that's inspired in some way by Frank Frazetta. Also has a great article about Frazetta by Arnie Fenner and touches on some of his techique. Worth getting overall! Should be out in the US sometime in March.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gwen Buchanan said...

Hi Bob,
Congratulations on having been asked to have your work in the new issue of IMAGINE FX Frank Frazetta issue... It must be great to be recognized for your work!
Our son Max,14 (www.maxackerson.blogspot.com) who we unschool, is crazy about his work...
He's into drawing superheroes right now... We'll look for the issue..
I'll also have him give your blog a tour
Thanks, Gwen

1:35 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Hi Gwen

Fun to be in the Frazetta "tribute" issue. I always see such things as musicians who do "covers" of famous songs. I contributed a drawing as did 79 others, and a birthday wish..

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home