Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Thursday, January 17, 2008

In Dinoland....


Some of the work being done for the Dinosaur book. Yep, the T-Rex has to have a napkin as he's about to eat a pile of hamburgers. And he had to look rather...."cute". What can I say? Did this in watercolors and it will be digitally painted by Cortney Skinner. What he's already done looks amazing. The STegosaur, on the bottom, is at pencil stage. This is what he looks like before I start working paint into him. We're making some decisions on which background will be used so he's just a pencil sketch at the moment, the photo lighting will determine the lighting I have to work into the drawing. Anyway, just an update of what I'm hip deep in. Oh, yeah, I will have some ocean paintings coming. One should be up tommorrow...

6 Comments:

Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

I LOVE the T-Rex. If I was a kid, I'd be reading this book. Are you doing all the illustrations? Title? When will it be out? this is a great illo.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Julie. The book will be out in Spring '09. Remember that what you see will be digitally painted over, the result, combined with photos is a striking(and very quick and somewhat economical way of doing CG artwork). I can't wait to see it myself. It's called IF DINOSAURS LIVED IN MY TOWN.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Matias Hyde said...

Hi Bob! I really love your paintings. I first saw your illustrations playing Magic cards, and from then on I've been enchanted with your style. I loved the Dragonhenge book, and all the different technique you master. It reminds me to keep on experimenting whenever I can. Thank you!
Cheers from Madrid.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Matias! Hello to you in MAdrid. So nice to know what I do reaches such an audience. Thanks for buying DRAGONHENGE too, and for enjoying my work and visitng the blog!

Bob

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez, that must have been some postcard! Love the evry ominous sky over such a landscape. Vary much a uh oh. Something wikid this way cames... as it were.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Ah, you mean the below one. It was fun to work from a small postcard and kind of do it from memory at one point.

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home