Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

King Kong '33 (oils, 8&1/2 x11 SOLD) So I'm back. I was invited into a gallery theme show "Paint Your Favorite Movie" and, no it wasn't Godzilla. It's KING KONG 1933-a film I could watch again and again and never tire of. I think Peter Jackson did an admirable and amazing job of his '05 update of KONG, but truly, the charm still goes to the 1933 one. And because of that film we had all the other "giant monster" films of the 1950's and beyond. So I did this little painting, done for the show, and based it on a famous close up photo of what is referred to as the "chubby faced" stop motion model(there were six models used and two were used in famous publicity shots which is why Kong looks so different in shot to shot). The only thing was it was a black and white film and, I wanted to do this in color, and rather quickly as I didn't have much time to get things together.
A note-if the painting doesn't sell in the show, I'll re-post with the price on it, afterward. So check back if interested. In the meantime, my wife and I will have the "guest artist" spot on the back wall of this same gallery-Springbull Gallery in Newport with a number of small paintings up.
And it's back to doing some more paintings for me!!! I took a bit of a rest over the holidays, which I was very grateful for. Everyone needs rest-I say this to all artists. No good health, no good art.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Bro!

LUV the Kong! But of course I'm really waiting for that goofy "Kong Escapes" Toho Kong kicking butt on the Mechani Kong -- now THATS the real deal ; )

JOhn

7:20 PM  
Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

Happy New Year Bob. Great expression on Kong's face.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Bob

liked your comments re art school, as an aspiring artist i can relate.

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home