Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!

OR...as we say from The Land of Lovecraft(Providence) NAH-FUYAGGA SCRIIIYANG!!!! (Official translation done at Miskatonic University). Here's that BIG Lovecraftian oil painting I did-more than inspired in content and lighting, by both Gustave Dore and Arnold Bocklin, of the Unamable One(not on Halloween will I even dare utter his true name lest I invoke his slimey wrath!) for the Brian Lumley(I can name him okay) book coming from Subterranean Press and Solaris Books(Brian's UK Publisher) for the MYTHOS 2 collection. Enjoy and take your ghoul to dinner, just make sure YOU aren't the dinner.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job, Bob! Cthulhu at his best; in tranquil contemplation as he sits peacefully in your nicely interpreted vision of R'lyeh, with derelict shipwrecks giving a sense of scale.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks! I REALLY liked doing this one, and had ideas in my head from some time ago, to do it just this way.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Lou Anders said...

Awesome.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Lou. This was a hit at WFC as well. George Mann just about imploded when he saw it.

10:36 PM  
Blogger TinmanSF said...

Hey Bob, this painting has nice everything!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Eric. This is one of the three best I have done this year. Came out EXACTLY how I "saw" it.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home