Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Nothing like The Moody Blues!!!

Quick note here....just back from seeing The Moody Blues in the quaint town of Hyannis Massachusetts at the Cape Cod Melody Tent(a scant 80 miles). It really IS a tent!!! As always the Moodies were terrific. Like time travellers, the music never grows old. Only three of the original Moodies are rocking on-Justin Hayward, Graham Edge, John Lodge, but they do it with style, fun and class. Last time I caught the Moodies was last year in Sept in Plymouth, England on a storm-lashed day. I often paint to them playing, so they're sort of a group that inspires me on a daily basis. Anyway, more pix soon....

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris Jouan said...

Since you like the Moody Blues, did you know that Justin Hayward appeared on Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds album?

Very atmospheric and theatrical. I encourage anyone who loves the War of the Worlds to listen. It is especially good for those painting sessions where one needs powerful symphony and electric guitars!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Chris. I LOVE Jeff Waynes WOTW musical. I have the collector's set which cost a bit but has the last word on it with outtakes, re-mixes and even a DVD with interviews with Wayne.

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back in 1983, it was the Moodies' then new album, THE PRESENT, that introduced me to fantasy art (the cover featured a take on Maxfield Parrish's DAYBREAK). 24 years later, I still love fantasy art, owning several dozen original paintings, and I still love the Moodies (and much in the progressive rock veie), so there's no surprise Bob Eggleton has such good musical taste!

welshgriffin

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home