Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

It may be the middle of summer...

Springtime for The Mammoths...But these guys are still in fur. Here's a new painting(it's not for sale) I did of some mammoths....it started out as one thing and turned into something else. And, then, I realized I had a story behind it for a kid's picture book. Stay tuned on that. It's 15 x30 inches, a great format and size to work with and done in oils. I started it some time ago and stopped...waiting for what I needed to kick it in the butt and move on. I saw the film ICE AGE 2 and, then, the FANTASTIC trailer for Roland Emmerich's new film 10,000 BC due out next March which has...mammoths. Seeing all this got me moving again. The idea is that the new Spring is melting the Ice Age and, the mammoths are coming out of that....to a new world, one that sadly, they won't continue on in....

4 Comments:

Blogger Lou Anders said...

This is NICE!!!!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Lou. I have a thing with pachyderms it seems. This whole painting was for something else and wound up triggering another idea instead,for a story. More to come on that. Imagine a kid's book with fully painted spreads like this? And a story, in Mammoth terms, about change and inevitability.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

I've been so busy I haven't visited in a couple of days but what a treat to see these glorius mammoths. In fact before I read the description I was just going to say this would make a marvelous image for a picture book (or wall!!). What a great ending for the day.

1:13 AM  
Blogger Tessa said...

I like it! For a moment it looked like the rock on the left was turning into a mammoth too.

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home