Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Still around....


Been a bit busy. Well, VERY busy, one of those weeks again as we move into July. Lots of stuff happening...this weekend is BotCon, a national convention that'll be local, in celebration of the Transformers movie(which looks AMAZING). I love giant robots! Here in fact is a painting I did for a proposed kid's book, the painting is called "One of Our Robots Is Missing". It'll be in the new Spectrum next Fall, but I did it a couple of years ago and people really seemed to like it, so here it is for your enjoyment...

7 Comments:

Blogger bonnie-ann black said...

bob: i am really enjoying the site... love some of your small works and the studies are always my favorites.

just for fun (and knowing you're a Godzilla fan) i thought you might like to check out this link:

http://cousley.blogspot.com/

seems kinkaide come up for a lot of mockery in the s/f world.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Tessa said...

I love this one!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Hi Bonnie-ann-thanks for stopping in! More smaller works soon, it's been insanely busy. But I miss doing the little paintings. Thanks for the kind words!

Tessa-thanks as always!

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob, great painting. I can see the robot bobbing around, feel the waves rolling, smell the mist, hear the waves crash against the metalic surface. Amazing how many senses a painting can evoke!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Eric. It was a landmark piece for me in terms of how I wanted to see it come together. It has inspired a longer story(more on that, soon).

7:08 PM  
Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

Oh, this is great. I've been gone for 2 weeks and come back to see this. Wonderful. Looks like a great book. Is it out?

11:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't wait to read about the longer story that this was bound to inspire - and yet it seems like you were strongly inspired while painting it in the first place too!

Will you be going Gencon this year in Indianapolis? I would love to see you have a booth at the convention!

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home