Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Concepts! Concepts! Concepts!!!




See? I have been busy! Here's some concept sketches to some upcoming covers I am doing. Top: The Dinosaurs of Mars-cover to a great Caitlin Kiernan book. The idea was to make an almost 1950's view of dinosaurs-you'll have to read the story to get the context, 2nd down: Dragon Done It-combine hard boiled detective mysteries and, magic in a book edited by Mike Resnick and Eric Flint and this is what you get! 3rd& 4th down, two Heinlein books I am doing. All these will eventually become covers, all the sketches were approved on the first shot-which means it's my best idea and thus, they'll be good pieces. I visualize things in my mind, and "see" the compositions and sketch them down with charcoal....it's a nice spontanious way to work.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tessa said...

I am all for martian dinosaurs. The world definitely needs more of them.

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all are spectacular! Nobody does dinos better, can't wait to see the finished pieces.

dave

10:26 PM  
Blogger Daniel Potvin said...

Love these Bob; it's really fun and instructive to see your concept sketches. Make sure you let us see the fianl pieces too !

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really great to see concept sketches. Thank you for sharing this part of your process.

I think the 'film noir' themed one could have a title of "It followed me home, can we keep it? Huh? Can we keep it?"

I also love the wee beastie peeking around the box.

Magic too? Hmmm. Is that a dragon tail behind the woman or her tail?

Annie

8:11 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Dan-thanks for the comment! I certainly will post the finished works!!!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Annie-thanks! Yeah, that one came to me after alot of sweat and hair pulling. However, I like the result alot!!!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dinosaurs on Mars is no longer science fiction Check out my video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b8B83fCYOM

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home