Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Sunlight in the forest...

The Darkling Forest(8x10, oils, SOLD)This is from some photos I took up around Seattle in the rainforests that are so abundant and wonderful. I loved the sudden lighting that was hitting the base of the tree, yet keeping the top in the shadow. Very "prehistoric" forests one would expect dinosaurs to be roaming around in. I did this in about an hour, with palette knife and alot of paint that was put on very thick. The moss that grew on the lower branches of the trees was especially nice to see. I even took some samples of it to bring back so I could see it and feel it. I think I have a real good technique going here, it's very pleasing to step back from it and see that as well as somewhat photographic, it's abstract too. Finding these reference photos, I realized how many photos I have on file from the years of travel.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bob,
I just bought this one at the convention. I love it. I wasn't planning on buying any paintings, but I kept going back to look at it. The light just glows from a distance.
Thank you.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thank you!!! Glad I opened up the door to you buying something you loved. That's the joys of life. And I take joy in creating it.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home