Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Frank Frazetta and Two Guys...

Looking through some old pix, of models for a job I'm doing I ran into this photo of the time the Late Ron Walotsky and I met Frank Frazetta. I think of Ron alot and miss him terribly, as he died very suddenly in 2002. However, during a happier time, in 1996, or thereabouts, he and I got to meet Frank Frazetta-the Man. What a total surprise and humbling moment. Either of us did not know what to say except we called him "Sir"(we were told then with a smile "Ahhh.Just Frank"). He'd been recovering from some health issues at that time but he was just great to meet!! He's someone who really defined a generation of SF and Fantasy art to many of us. Both Ron and I were just almost shaking and giddy at the moment(the next time I felt anything like it was going to Toho Studios). Ron was just laughing afterward in his trademarked way. It was like a full circle for both of us. Anyway, here's a photo of that moment and Ron so aptly named it "Frank Frazetta & Two Guys". Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home