Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Still that kind of week...

Castle of The Ocean(5x7,oils, $SOLD)I'm still in this rough seas mode. I watched a show on the Bee Gees late last night. Robin Gibb owns a castle(okay there's the connection). There's a group that got a bad rap thanks to the disco backlash. I like Disco, in truth. Fun, happy music. And The Bee Gees could do alot more than disco stuff. Anyway, the whole show took me back to 1977, when things were really, more fun than they are now. Why do people so often trash what they enjoyed long ago? I mean, this was really hot music and really fun times...so why apologize? Get over it, enjoy it, always treasure it. Oh well, we live with it I guess...I wanted to explore more of these rough sholes, sort of as an experment for something else. Got some nice texture going that is apparent here.
The price of this is $100 and it includes the rather cool frame not shown, but will be on the piece for a show this weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

OK, where did this one come from too? Just appeared to me. Another great job. I like being able to see a little more detail too --though the ones that are growing out of the mountains bring out the romance of the scene. OK I like them all!!

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home