Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

She Packed My Bags Last Night, Pre-Flight...

Retro Rocket 1(8x10,oils SOLD*)"Zero Hour, 9am...and I think I'm gonna be high as a kite by then.." Rocket Man-I love that song. And I love old, pulpy covers with pointed rockets on them! A quick painting, and I wound up using something I'd painted before, a space pen, to get the reflections right. I did this as a series of little paintings I am doing for RoqlaRue Gallery in Seattle, that I am part of a show there. I'll have a larger piece in the show, but as a sales incentive, these smaller ones will bolster that.
UPDATE!!! I recieved a BUNCH of requests for this image or something like it. Not to worry. I LOVE painting these, so I plan to do quite a few in the future!!! So keep checking in and hang in there! Thanks!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WANT IT! Oh A NFS! CURSES!

THE BLUES WORK WONDERFULLY!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks so much!! Don't panic! I plan on doing a bunch of these because, frankly, I LOVE doing them.This is what got me into SF in the first place, and it isn't easily given up on!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

Oh, now I'm excited. I love this. "Swirly" stuff in the background, alien stuff in the foreground, LOVELY colors and that GREAT 50s rocket. Man oh man, this is the greatest yet. Zillabob--YOU DA MAN.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

p.s. More, more, more.

4:41 PM  
Blogger David B. Ellis said...

Love the retro rocket series.

This blog has become my favorite. Its great seeing the way you explore variations on a theme---whether its rockets or castles or anything else. Wouldn't mind seeing an occasional dragon though.....

4:53 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

David-thanks! Dragons..are coming. More of that towards summer...

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I was seriously considering trying to grab that one... oh well.

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home