Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Friday, March 02, 2007

The Road to Shambala...

The Falls in the Forest(8x10,oils SOLD!)
THIS is more like it! Based on a waterfalls I found someplace near Seattle, I painted this fun piece in about an hour. Going back to my "Memory of The Trees" post, I used palette knife to a great extent on this and created a really nice "feel". I happened to be listening to Three Dog Night's Greatest Hits at the time(I love 70's music) and "Shambala" came on and when I stood back, I realized this was The Road to Shambala in terms of everything came out the way I wanted it to. There's a CD I can listen to a hundred times reminding me of simpler times. I think the palette knife will feature prominently in any new works, it just gets more and more fun to work with. (A note-3/3/07-I supplanted a new shot of this, done in the sun, so it may appear different and, hopefully better)

2 Comments:

Blogger Space Case said...

I love the way you expressed the water. Yay for Seattle! :D

2:30 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks! This was a joy to do. I love the landscapes out there, the greenery and such. Very scenic everywhere you look.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home