Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Painting in Salem...

The Lone Tree-California(8x10, oils $SOLD!)
We went to Wendy Snow-Lang's frame shop THE ART CORNER(see links)Saturday, for the ice sculpture walk in Salem, as she was a participating store. Wendy invited us to paint for the day, long with her husband Chuck Lang. Both good friends from many years. So this is what I did, a landscape from a California trip, with some incredible surf and this little tree on a huge rock. I love the physical *feel* of the texture of the paint here. I used a palette knife to good measure,painted on panel.

This also us the chance to try out out "Guerilla Paint Boxes" which are these nifty little boxes by which one can transport paint, brushes and paintings themselves and, with the flip of a lid, you can be set up and painting on location in no time! Above is me doing just that.

Here's Chuck at his set up painting some still lifes. He paints in acrylics which have their own advantages(less mess cleaning up, IMHO).All in all, a great time, great company, great pizza and great North Shore Italian food later!!

5 Comments:

Blogger leslee said...

Yeah, the palette knife looks like it works really well on the waves - that texture of the water jumping right up out of the surface.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks! That's the real "joy" of painting...when you start to see the paint...

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing how you can get so much detail in such a small area. (And the paintboxes are very cool, too!)

1:34 AM  
Blogger Tessa said...

I like this one, rather a lot. Very tasty.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Yes, as NickeJ says, that painting with a palette knife is rather like frosting a cake...but I would not lick these impliments.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home