Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Monday, February 19, 2007

The Darkness and a Rainbow....

Castle Dark(8x10, oil SOLD) This one came out just about as "painterly" as it gets. Painting is like surfing. I have never surfed(save maybe the net) but I think it is the same feeling. When you are on the "wave" you're rolling and the emotional level just builds. This happened here from the get-go. When I got into the rocks and the waterfall...I was kind of in that "zen" spot many painters claim to want to reach. I brought this one to a show, and it sold on the spot. More Castles and lost lands to come...I promise. You think I don't want to experience that kind of "riding the wave" feeling again? I've worked all my life to get that!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most cool and groovy dragonage! Yummy paint work. Keep up the great work!

Karl Kofoed

11:26 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Karl. This was a blast to do. My inspirations come from Constable, and Turner as well as a host of other Romantics...I like paint applied with a knife which this was..

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home