Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Saturday, January 13, 2007

On the River...

Blackstone River Divide(9x12,oil SOLD) This is a painting done in 2005(been busy the last day or two) on the banks of The Blackstone River, in northern Rhode Island. Very scenic and rather pretty. The leaves were just turning and, it was an organized paint out but, rainy weather kind of killed the enthusiasm with others so few showed up. So I was working in the cold(40's) and the drizzly rain, and in a swampy area. Just when I think I'm totally secluded, this little kid comes up and starts asking me six million questions...and tells me it's "his" river. These situations-onlookers can be the bane of the plein air painter, but some do say some nice things. Anyway, this little 9x12 was done in about an hour or so, it was all I could take, as, despite some intermitten sunshine(which helped with the leaf colors "bursting") it was getting so cold and rainy.But that's the challenge of painting outdoors, seeing what you get done in the enviroment you have. Needless to say, the warm car was a welcome relief afterward.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yet another stunning piece. Now this is what I'd love to learn how to do. Your colors and light are exquisite. The yellowing tree is a perfect compliment to this piece.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Julie!!! I really liked this one, and I was surprised given the crappy weather I did ANYTHING interesting. Ah, but we live and learn, and after I got it home, let it dry I took it out a week later and said "That's a neat little painting!"

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home