Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Elements...

The Elements(Sketch, 10x10 inches NFS)
This is a concept for a private commission I am doing for someone. It has to combine the four elements but in a fantastic and romantic enviroment. Pretty good if I do say so myself! It's going to be a wonderful piece when it's done. As to selling this, I need to finish the commission first but if interested contact me about price and such. I gain some of my confidence back, but, as usual I'm always a step above failure(my view)so that doesn't do too much. I'm also not going to be posting as much, at least daily. It's kind of tiring, but I'll be putting up at least 3 per week.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris Ousley said...

Hey, I like your work. Reminds me of Turner and Church.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Hey thanks! Turner and Church are two of my greatest inspirations. I could name a dozen others including John Constable. But it's what I aim for. Drop by again!

11:28 PM  
Blogger Lou Anders said...

This is gorgeous!!!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Lou! It's going to be a 3x3 ft painting if all goes well. Oh, and I just did a photo shoot of a gal in some nice flowy gowns for another self commissioned work. I'm doing some studies of her in paint, for the pic, and you'll FINALLY get to see "a person" in a painting!

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very primoridial look to the piece, reminds me of one of my favorite artists Roy G Krenkel and some of the studies he did for the ERB books. First time I have been through the blog, thanks for posting these pieces. They are remarkable and provide wonderful insite to the process.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home