Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Back to paintings...

Big Sur Sunset(8x10 inches, oil,$SOLD) Nice little piece, really fires on all cylinders.I look at sunsets alot. Once when I was in Hawaii, the sun set and, people applauded. I love the sunset colors of anywhere, California has the benefit of seeing sunsets over the ocean. The thing that always gives me a cosmic chill is the idea that the sun really isn't "setting" or, moving, but the earth is. Our point of view is moving away from the sun. And the sun itself is never in the same place in the galaxy either travelling at thousands of miles per second, bringing the earth with it. And the galaxy itself is travelling at thousands of miles.... man, I get deep sometimes. But it's how I think all the time, a sense of always being in motion...which gets us to art itself evolving...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Nice"? You seem to have a talent for understatement, Bobzilla. This is lovely, especially the gleam of light reflected on the wet sand, and the way the sun in the cloud haze almost looks like a nebula.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks KSH! It has that warm I wanted. Forms follow function in the universe, so indeed clouds in the sky resemble clouds in space, IMHO...though I would get some rocket scientists disagree with me.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home