Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Sunday, December 17, 2006

When Dinosaurs Ruled The Paint

The Trike
Just in case you didn't know...I LOVE dinosaurs. I have since I was about 4 and I like painting them when I am able to. The Ceratopsians were some of my favorites, with the Triceratops being one. I did this little 9x12 painting in about an hour or so. Kind of sketchy but I liked the background alot. I did this at Wendy Snow-Lang's framing shop and gallery last weekend. I used one of my plastic models from Japan, to feel like I was painting an extinct animal "from life" in a sense.
And this is me actually PAINTING, in the gallery. Off, out of camera is Charles Lang, Wendy's other half. I highly recommend you check out The Art Corner(see my links). Wendy and her staff can frame just about anything you like, anyway you like. And she has a fine selection(currently) of my small works, the aforementioned Charles Lang and my wife, Marianne's works(check out her blog in my links, Muse du Jour). Next time I'll post my Trilobite piece, so things will be a bit prehistoric for couple of days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home