Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Paint on The Rocks....

Beavertail Rocks(8x10 oil $SOLD!)
This quite incredible place is about a 20 minute drive from my house. It's a jut of land, called Beavertail, on the island known as Jamestown, which doesn't SEEM like an island but it is. In fact they just tore down the OLD Jamestown Bridge which stood alongside the new one, for like a decade, and it took that long to figure out how (and $who$ and $how much$)) it would be torn down. But I digress...
Beavertail is a national park, and open year round. Since it was especially nice lately, and the surf was especially rough, I wanted to do some painting and did this little 8x10 in about 45 minutes. Man, I LOVE painting ocean-hitting-rocks. If Rhode Island is good for one thing, it's got a cool coastline(which is what makes up for the bureaucracy of tearing down old bridges). Expect alot of these kind of paintings here. In fact, I'm doing a fairly "epic" sea monster/fantasy painting and that will have lots of rocks with ocean, so this is getting me into the "place"(frame of mind) to do that(you see, fellow Fantasy and SF lovers, how it all ties together?). I'm a huge fan of Winslow Homer and he did some fantastic seascapes of the Maine coast. His critics told him "Don't paint seascapes, no one will like them" and yet what do we remember him most for?
Like I said earlier, all these paintings are $100 apiece, just contact me if so inclined. But just comments are nice as well! So enjoy.

1 Comments:

Blogger leslee said...

I've been out there - very nice spot. And nice capture!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home